Monday, July 13, 2009

The Stuff Dreams are Made of


Saturday was the 50th Annual National Barbie Convention.
It took place in the Marriott in D.C.
Tickets to this 4-day doll extravaganza were gone within minutes
of the announcement. I didn't stand a chance!
But I did get to attend the public sale held in the hotel....

There were literally thousands of other Barbie freaks there.

The public sale included lots of one of a kind dolls
made by some really talented designers.

Also for sale were doll clothes that cost just as much as their people-sized counterparts.





The ballroom held more dolls than I have ever seen in my life.

I only had ONE HOUR to look at everything!
Probably good, since two outfits and
one doll later, I was down $100.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow, that is just a little crazy! I have never seen anything like that in my life, but those are some stylin' barbies :)

Trisha said...

Haha, you are the "kid in the candy shop" too! what a nice husband you have for even letting you spend that much on Barbie stuff, mine would FREAK.

Tracy said...

WOW!! That actually looks like somewhere I would "secretly" want to go too!! haha I bet you were kind of "freaking out" as to deciding what you would be allowed to bring home! haha Jeremy is very understanding.......:)

I do love Barbies.....huge part of my childhood.

Jeremy said...

I find it hilarious that anyone thinks I have any say as to what Janell does or does not buy. Her own discretion is the only thing that keeps us away from financial ruin. Have any of you ever tried to tell Janell to do something she doesn't want to do?!!? Or worse tell her not to do something she does want to do?!? I value my life people!