Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February Fury

We've had FOUR major snow storms this winter.
It's just incredible.
This is a picture of VIRGINIA BEACH.
A BEACH, people. With SNOW on it.
I got these pictures from a local news site
where people have posted their wintry photos.

It's been snowing like snow bunny's business!




Someone left the water running....
fountain at the Governor's Mansion.
What it must have felt like for
all those people that lost power....like Adam!

Maybe this is why it's taking so long for my mail to get anywhere.
The River Lofts downtown


And I LOVE this one!


7 comments:

Tracy said...

Hahaha - great pictures! It is unbelievable the amount of snow that part of the country has gotten! Wonder if is is over for you guys yet? But, the snow does make everything look soooo pretty and calming (after the blizzard is over). Enjoy ~

Whittier said...

Jealous. That's all I can say. We haven't seen one lousy flake here. Live it up!

Alyssa said...

Yeah YOUR guys' weather has been all over OUR news. Craziness!

Trisha said...

So beautiful, but yet so crazy at the same time. That is an awesome bunny though. Did you get any snow days from work??? That is when I don't mind it!

Rachel said...

so we just got home and I CAN NOT believe all that snow! Truly unbelievable! Mom said parker had 2 weeks of snow days!! that is insane!! What a suprise! Geese... and you thought Utah was cold... haha

Adam said...

We broke records in the D.C. area. We haven't had that much snow since before 1899!

Highlights of my snow experience: Lost power for 60 hours. Showering by candlelight. Driving the wrong way on I-495...on purpose. Sledding down a hill headfirst using my slick coat. Opening the apartment up to friends and having up to 6 overnight guests.

Teresa said...

Snow days. We were totally unprepared and had to find warmth elsewhere. By next year propane and tank will be in place.