Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fireworks at the beach

Independence Day weekend!
There are lots of great things about having grandparents.
One of them just happens to be that they live near a gorgeous lake
that puts on a spectacular fireworks show over the water.

We spent our holiday watching the rockets' red glare
at Lake Monticello. What a show!
Okay, so maybe it didn't look EXACTLY like this.But it did look like this.
And this.
Something about the cool sand inspired
a Kumbaya moment for Jeremy.
The glow sticks came out after the sun went down.

(A bashful) Hudson, Isaac & Katie
Lily played in the sand for hours and didn't even try to eat any!

(Imagine that I've posted some of the video footage from the show here,
until I can figure out the software that came with my new camcorder.)



5 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like it was a great celebration both with family and fireworks! I can actually see the video you put on and it looks amazing!! Wish I was there! haha

Miss you ~

P.S. Hurry up already!!!!

Tracy said...

and Jeremy actually looks like he is napping. . . lol

Trisha said...

It's fun getting together to watch fireworks! We actually went out to watch them this year, besides the illegal neighborhood ones and they were awesome!

Amber Hancock said...

Looks like so much fun, and Lily is getting so big! What is she, 8?

Rachel said...

that fireworks pic is awesome!! I'd LOVE to see THAT!!! I can't wait until you guys get here!! I showed Addie the pics of you guys and she said, " Hey that's parker. He gets to stay at grandma's with me!" I have girls camp for a week of august and it is when parker is with mom. So mom will be watching Addie during the days. I'm so glad. The cousins will get tons of time together. hopefully not TOO much time. lol