Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hangin' Out in Utah

Parker & I spent 10 days in Utah- the longest stretch of time
since we moved in 2001. It was kind of momentous.
To celebrate, Dad made homemade Butterfinger and root beer ice creams
with the old ice cream maker. I think the thing is something like 50 years old.
Maybe it was discovered when Utah was settled. I don't know.
Parker at the Utah Planetarium, exploring Mars.
A lesson in car repairs...which Parker doesn't seem too convinced of.
At long last, Parker got to ride in one of those motorized jeeps.
Every kid in America always wants one of these things,
and most parents roll their eyes when they see them going for $100 at the store.
Addie's jeep came from the thrift store, lucky girl.
I think Parker bent his legs in half and just ignored the pain so he could fit inside!

As if it wasn't cool enough to watch a movie at the Planetarium,
they also gave us these awesome and extremely flattering sunglasses.
Dynamic trio: Addie, Parker & me!
One night just us siblings went out to dinner. It was a blast!
We couldn't stop laughing the whole time.
We can't wait to do it again, when the other 2 brothers can join us.
This was the night where Candace bowled in slow motion
with a 6 pound ball the entire night and yet she beat ALL of us.
The kids chillin' at the aquarium....
Did you know Nemo's dad lives there?
Also spent some time at the man-made beach in Herriman.
This is the day my freckles came out- the ones I hadn't seen in years.
Or maybe Candace's freckles are just contagious.
Chefs Addie & Parker, at your service.

Attempts at a sibling picture....eventually we got a normal one.
But obviously it was not as interesting as this one.
Parker & Grandpa after one of their rides
into the sunset on the motorcycle.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

It really was one, if not THE funnest times we have had with you and Parker. With the unplanned "extension" of your visit, I think that was the best part because we ended up having some really great moments together with our family. Now I will only expect the longer visits and will settle for nothing less! haha. It was nice to see the siblings (-Scott) getting together to share laughs that really hasn't happened for a long time since you moved away. I am looking forward to more visits like the last (:

Teresa said...

It really did look like a lot of fun. I'm glad you and Parker were able to go. Sorry Jeremy missed it. It sounds like it meant a great deal to your family.