Saturday, September 11, 2010

End of Summer Wrap Up

So, the summer's officially over- happens every year after my birthday.
I was 31 this time. Shouldn't I have gotten 31 cupcakes?!?!
Celebrating growing old with style!
Over the summer break, Parker played with Legos
for about 6 hours every day.
We went to the zoo and saw some awesome animals,
like these baby tigers taking an afternoon nap.
Or these penguins, that seemed more than willing to pose for this picture.
Parker's favorite animals at the zoo are always the ones he gets to touch.
(And the ones with the stinkiest saliva, probably.)
Like this giraffe, who licked Parker's hand for about 10 minutes.
Jeremy is getting old, too- he turned 31 in August.
I got him a new watch. Just look at the gratitude in that expression!
Isaac, Katie, Lily and Hudson to visit one Sunday afternoon.
We took them to the awesome park designed for kids in wheelchairs,
and Lily had a blast zooming around everywhere.


And SOME of us took naps.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm jealous that you can feed and touch the Girafes at your Zoo, that is sooo cool! Happy Birthday to all 3 of you, you guys have it planned so well together!!!!

Teresa said...

Janell, Tomorrow is the big day! Everyone else may have had there summer come to an end last week, but not you. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new job and love the people you work with.
If you want 31 cupcakes for your birthday you should have 31 cupcakes. (It was a long post so may comments may seem unconnected. I hope you understand.
I'm glad Parker enjoys his legos and that he has so many to keep him entertained.
It was fun to see a video of Parker petting the deer and feeding the giraffe. Amber has a post from a while ago of her feeding the giraffe's. She also showed the place where they could wash off the giraffe slobber. I loved the baby tigers sleeping. I especially loved hearing about the tiger roaring right up close to where you were standing.
The pie for Jeremy looked tasty. Dad made a pie yesterday for a contest at a ward party. He didn't place but he should have got most original for his raisin/ cranberry pie. (we didn't have enough raisins). The wheelchair park for children is a wonderful idea. I am so grateful when people think of such a wonderful gift. Thanks for taking Lily there. It would have been fun to see her enjoy it. Thinking of you all. Love, Mom

Tracy said...

I agree with everything Teresa said! ha (BTW, I miss you guys!), but yes Janell, good luck with your new AMAZING job and I am so glad (as I am sure the 2 boys are too)that you had some free time to just be home and do whatever you darn well pleased! You haven't been able to do that since you were 15 maybe? ha Parker, hope you are enjoying making lots of new friends at school, and Jeremy, well, keep up the good work!! Love to you all~

Tracy said...

P.S. That pie looks sooooo good!!

Whittier said...

Looks like fun. That pie is beautiful. Did you make it yourself? Happy birthday to you all. Hope you're enjoying fall.