Monday, September 13, 2010

First day of (gulp!) Middle School

What a cool kid, eh? Especially with those rad shoelaces!
He had a great first week in 6th grade.
He made 3 new friends right away and is fitting in just fine in his new school.
All the 8th graders seem like giants in comparison,
but he'll hit his growth spurt soon enough.
I was only a LITTLE misty-eyed when I dropped him off the first day.

6 comments:

Whittier said...

Sheesh! I can't believe Parker is so old. And yes, he does look the middle school part.

Trisha said...

Those shoelaces do rock! I hated Middle School, but I'm sure he'll do better than I did, I had the opposite problem and was taller than ALL the kids. No fun.

Rachel said...

wow. Seriously he IS stylin! I love the outfit and shoelaces! So why does he have a backpack and side bag?? is that a lunch bag or something? What a cutie!

Tracy said...

Parker, you look so cool! So glad to hear that you are fitting in just fine with this new adventure in your life. Just make sure have "good" friends that will help you want to stay a good kid. We love you Parker and hope yo enjoy 6th grade! Did I just say that about my grandson?? Oh wow!! ):

thejohnmfamily said...

I seriously cannot believe he's in middle school. It's probably because I only knew him as a baby, but it's insane how fast it goes.

Teresa said...

Hey Parker, so glad middle school isn't a tough as you thought it would be and you are locating all of your classes most of the time, except every other day. lol. Have fun. Thanks for coming to visit Friday and taking us to the chocolate festival.