Friday, November 26, 2010

Why I Love Weddings

Last weekend Janell and I got to attend the wedding of the last member of my former band to take the plunge. It was held in a beautiful old catholic church and I was lucky enough to snag a groomsmen spot. The reception was a blast and I got to see a bunch of people I truly love. The weather was great, the food was good, the DJ sucked (but that was ok), and the bride and groom will make eachother happy for years to come.

But, that's not why I love weddings. I love weddings because I love hearing the vows spoken. They are a powerful reminder of what Janell and I promise to eachother every day. Sometimes we say things out loud. Sometimes in actions. Sometimes, we promise with our eyes or our hands. Hearing those vows made for the first time at the infancy of a couples shared love is sometimes overwhelming to me. I know that what is truly overwhelming me as those vows are made is how much loving Janell is a part of me, maybe even the biggest part of me.

I can't wait for the next wedding so I can look over at Janell as someone pledges to love their wife forever and think to myself, "me too".

3 comments:

Janell H. said...

Me too :):):)

Teresa said...

I also love to listen to the advice and counsel giving to young couples as they enter the most enduring relationship and of the promises the couple enters and the blessings that come from that commitment of love forever.

Whittier said...

Aww! What a sweet husband you are.