Last weekend, my office participated in the County's Fool for Art & Science Festival. After I hosted our table for a couple hours-- giving out information about CFLs, energy conservation programs, and answering random questions about our power plants, it was time to check the place out. (The pics were taken with my old Blackberry, so they're not stellar.)
These are the mannequin heads and wax used by funeral services to re-createfacial features for a viewing in the event of a ghastly accident.
Parker was supposed to try to identify the species of animalrecently eaten by the bones found in the regurgitated pellets.
Moving right along to the GERM table, where he got an eyefulof the germ cultures grown from cooties found on various surfaces and body parts.
Maybe he will understand why I insist on hand-washing.
It's one thing to shake someone's hand,but you REALLY get to know someone
by checking out their inner workings.









2 comments:
Wow, science is pretty gross huh? I remember why I didn't go into biology. Looks like fun!
This looked like so much fun. Your booth looked better than the one I manned for Master Gardener's at the children's fair last month. I'm glad Parker had a great time. I distinctly remember an owl pellet extravaganza with my children, love it.
Post a Comment