Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Stuff

Summer's in full swing!
Parker started summer day camp at YMCA Camp Thunderbird
and spends his days swimming, fishing, canoeing,
shooting arrows & rifles, careening down a zip line, and getting very dirty.


The annual Taste of India Festival was last weekend
and we FINALLY didn't forget to go this time.
There were a TON of dance performances.
I could have watched it for a long time--
there was so much bling on the saris and bright shiny fabrics, it was mesmerizing.
But I had to take a break for the FOOD!
This pineapple cream cake was like heaven.

It's funny how Indian food always looks like nasty baby food, but tastes incredible.
These little potato patties were crazy good!
This lady decided to just grin and bear all my picture taking.

The outdoor concerts are plentiful this time of year.
Jeremy's cover band had one last week and drew a pretty good crowd.
That's my baby!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Parker really does look like he has grown....alot! I am starting to get worried. . . he needs to stop eating his Wheaties (with fiber of course Janell). It sounds like he has a ton of fun there though and he has his tat to prove it!

Tracy said...

P.S. That's pretty cool how Jeremy was entertaining the crowd in the park!

Teresa said...

What an entertaining summer. So far Grandpa/Dad has gone to high adventure camp with the boys, girls camp, and Trek. I think its about time I get a vacation. I have been going to school and Learning Rx, too busy to play. Hopefully this will a be worth it soon.