Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last Days of September

I get so nostalgic in the fall.
It's something about the cooling air, warming hearts, and
bundling up.
It's like we survived the hot, sticky, busy summer that we'd
thought would never end.
I always get a little sad, though.
I feel as though I'm watching the warm, barefoot days and lazy
nights burst into flame-
watching them go down in a firey blaze of glory.
I know the cold is coming.
It's enough to make me shiver.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I've been all excited about Fall as well, its the changing of seasons and to me it means more to look forward to. Like I look forward to summer for our Beach vacation and other fun stuff, but Fall comes and leaves change, time for the Holidays to come!

Rachel said...

beautiful Janell!! I love the style of your poems!

Jeremy said...

You make me better than I could otherwise be Janell, and for that we deserve each other.