Thursday, November 18, 2010

Camping Traditions!

We were lame the last couple years and skipped our autumn camping tradition,
but this year we got back in the swing of things.
Parker's "bachelor pad" (thanks again, Grandma W!)
Our foil dinners were very tasty!
Parker insisted that we cook hot dogs, too.
Hot dogs cooked over a fire clearly taste WAY better than ones zapped
in the microwave at home.
After dinner, we stayed up playing Racko and Blokus in the big tent,
overdosing on Oreos and Doritos.
Campfire pancakes and hot chocolate for breakfast
A misty morning hike around the lake
Parker LOVES camping.
He says he wants to live out in the woods when he grows up.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

What a fun family outing! Parker will look back and remember all the good times with you guys, gotta create fun memories!

Whittier said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun. I haven't been camping forever! I'm glad you guys are enjoying some family time.

Teresa said...

I'm glad you are keeping up the camping tradition. We used to go every summer, but haven't been since we moved to Virginia. I miss it. It looks so relaxing. Our friends are big blockus fans and Dad and I play Racko often. The lake is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your camping pictures and adventures.

Alyssa said...

How fun! Every year we say we are gonna go camping... every year we don't :( Here's hoping for next year!

Tracy said...

The area is gorgeous! It is so cool that you are all taking the time and effort to go as a family. Great memories come from smelling like a camp fire and losing sleep! haha

Love you guys!

Tracy said...

P.S. I am happy to see Parker still advertises his most favorite place to be ( :