Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year we kicked off the holiday with a full field soccer game. We had three or four neighborhood kids join the eight of us and everybody went all out. Grandma and Grandpa both took some tumbles out there, but realized they are only 50 something and got right back up and in the game. Janell made an awesome block as our goalie, even though she had a wicked headache. I don't think any of us have spent that much time running in recent memory. It was a great way to start the day!!




After all of that we were famished! Luckily, it was Thanksgiving!



Parker, Adam, and Heather (joining the family in March!!)



Janell and Angela losing to me at Blockus.



I am thankful for many things. I am thankful for small things like text messaging, automatic car windows, and guitar strings. I am thankful for big things like my family, my wife, and my son. I am thankful for new things like my clarinet, and old things like the sun. I am thankful for small things that are big, like the oxygenation of my blood, and big things that are small, like my neices and nephews. I am thankful for things that don't work, like my own memory, and things that always work, like my love for Janell. I am thankful, filled with gratitude, and in awe of my blessings on Thanksgiving and every day. . . and then something totally pisses me off and I forget . . . but then I remember. :)




2 comments:

Teresa said...

I don't know what to say to all of that. Filming while on the field, running, makes for some interesting sound effects, but it's nice to see us in action. I am glad Heather joined in the festivities too. I hope Janell's headache is gone. Everyone here is a little stiff and sore, especially Dad and Angela. The two blonds look happy about loosing to you at Blockus. What a nice carpe diem, brulesque, blank verse, or lyric gratitude peom. "Carpe diem peoms have the theme of living for today." "Brulesque is a story, play, or essay, that treats a serious subject ridiculously, or is a trivial story." "Blank verse is often unobtrusive and the iambic pentameter form often resembles the rhythms of ordinary speech." "Lyric is a poem, such as a sonnet or an ode, that expresses the thoughts and feelings of the poet." Since this poem of gratitude has makings of various forms of art I'll leave the decision of its form up to the reader.
www.poetry-online.org/poetry-terms.htm

Whittier said...

Jeremy, I loved your 'giving thanks'. It really made me stop and think about all the blessings I have in my life as well. Thanks! Love you.