
This is our second year with a new Christmas tradition, Decorating Gingerbread Things.

It's more difficult than it looks to securely glue pre-baked
wafers together in a structurally sound manner,
with just a squeezy bag of icing, especially
when someone cuts a big hole in the end (oops!)

There were many fatalities in the building of these gingerbread sleighs.

I think Parker's Santa had too much egg nog before he got on the road....

Whereas my Santa looks a little TOO eager to be getting behind the wheel.

Jeremy's Santa is kickin' back and letting all the elves do the work!

Eventually, Parker was able to re-construct his sleigh....
though Santa looks like he is still trying to recover.

Ho Ho Ho!!
4 comments:
So fun! We need to make up some traditions around here, especially with Ava getting older. I loved making the graham cracker houses as a child, maybe I should go shopping and start it up.
I presented our Christmas Traditions at the R.S.Christmas Dinner. I'll sum up. First is Jeremy's and Parker's annual Christmas CD and name drawing. Decorating the tree, the first Monday in December, complete with 1st Christmas baby ornaments. Favorite treats: lemon squares, fluffy bits, mini cheesecakes, and chex mix. Seeing the lights on Christmas Street in Utah. Caroling and treat plates on Christmas eve. Acting out the nativity. Hanging the stockings and the children watching Christmas movies as long as possible. Christmas morning the parents were serenaded by Christmas music coming from the stairway or hollering down the air-vent. Camera in hand and presents sorted we took turns watching each other enjoy their new Christmas gifts.
I love the gingerbread sleighs they all look fantastic and delectable!
I love your narration of each of the 3 santa's and what was going on, especially how Jeremy's was just kickin' back and letting everyone else do the work! haha Funny stuff! Hope you have a great week and we love you! ( :
Too cool. I've had a gingerbread kit since last Christmas but have never gotten around to doing it... Maybe today. Yup. Sounds fun.
Post a Comment