Saturday, March 12, 2011

Adventures in Snowboarding

The 3 of us had planned to hit the slopes
pretty much the minute we knew we were going to visit Utah.
It took less time to reach the top than I remembered
from my high school bus trips to the slopes,
probably because I was traveling in, well, a BUS.
And so we arrived at Brighton: 2 newbies and 2 practiced snowboarders.
We almost look like we know what we are doing, don't we?
Jeremy, Angela & Eric, getting strapped in and ready for the first run!
Smooth moves by Eric
Angela, lookin' cool
My adventurous boys!
Parker seemed to get a handle on the mechanics immediately.
I was not as fortunate.
Worn out after giving it their all!
It was great to have 2 "experts" with us,
though I don't think they imparted any helpful tips!
Although if they did, it's hard to remember them when
you're sailing down the mountain at breakneck speeds,
trying to avoid trees and small children!

There aren't any pictures of me snowboarding.
Mostly because whenever I actually WAS vertical, no one was around.
They all ditched me for steeper slopes pretty much immediately.
I think this is the first time I've had a bruise on this part of my body.
Hooray for souvenirs!
Next time I'll wearing more padding :)

3 comments:

Whittier said...

Sorry snowboarding wasn't all you'd hoped it would be. I guess that's why I don't go often. I find it hard to pay that much money to throw myself down a mountain. It's fun...until you crash!

Tracy said...

Way cute post! You did get some great pictures though of the family enjoying time together and really that is the most important. So what if you end up of some swelling in the palm! It's all about making memories!! Love you guys!!

thejohnmfamily said...

I have never tried snowboarding, but I did try skiing a few years back and I was terrible. Maybe you have to learn when you're a kid?