
A week ago, I joined a kickboxing class.

That was the last day I was able to walk without pain.

I went from the occasional recreational walk/bike ride
to suddenly kickboxing for an hour every other day with former Army drill sergeants.
I don't know what's come over me.
I'm like the most nonathletic person I know.

The first time, I was
VERY close to passing out from the exertion.

The second time, I got only a little light-headed (but pulled my right right butt muscle).

The third time, I left some of my skin on the punching bag
and got a Charley horse in my right calf.

The fourth time, I kicked the bag with my 2nd toe instead of my heel,
bruising my ego along with the poor toe.
(P.S. That is not hair on the big toe, it is just a trick of the light.)
Later, I took my revenge by knocking the bag completely over.

I'm having a blast getting my butt kicked 3 times a week for some reason.
Here's hoping in a couple weeks I will be able to walk without hobbling!
6 comments:
Looks like torture! But I beat it's an amazing workout. Soon you'll have abs of steel like the ladies in the pictures! :) Then it'll be all worth it!!
Ha ha - great post! I especially love the close-up of the toes :) I haven't them that close for quite some time! ha I applaude you in wanting to do kickboxing! I don't envy the pain you will have, but I do applaude for doing it! Good luck!
Holy cow woman! You are going to be the toughest woman I know. Good luck with not getting too many more injuries! You are a great example. I think I might start doing my taebo video again.
I'd love to see ya in that class. I have gone to those a few times and woooowehhhh hard!! and I tried multiple times to post a comment on barbie, but it wont let me, so ill leave it here:
WOWOWOWOW! So many outfits peeled off by layers!! There is just more and more to this barbie. The coat is AWESOME!! Yes, a totally fierce 4th of july gift!! congra
you inspire me! you go girl!!!
Wow Janell, way to get kicking. I hope you heal soon and that the bag will quit kicking back.
Post a Comment