Monday, December 8, 2008

The Piano Project

We bought a piano for $100 bucks. It was a great deal, but a poor neglected, sad piano. The first picture is what the keys looked like when we first pulled it off the truck.Once we got the keys cleaned up and about forty years of dust vacuumed up both inside and out it looked a little better. The keys were still a nice coffee-stain brown.
So I set about replacing the keytops. I had to remove the old keytops with a razor blade. I only sliced open two fingertips. :)


The piano already looks WAAY better. My tuning tools are supposed to be arriving today and we will be refinishing the cabinet eventually. Yeah, Piano!












3 comments:

Lisa B Nell said...

It looks AWESOME!! I am jealous!!

Trisha said...

That looks like a fun, time-consuming project! You going to teach Parker how to play??

Rachel said...

I'm actually suprised you guys didn't already have one! i know you have the keyboard and everything.. but c'mom Jeremey. no good old fashioned piano until now? :) jk I know they are expensive. Great job on finding this one cheap and fixin her up nicely!