
Some real snow fell last night!! About 3 years ago we had 4 inches, so everyone has already forgotten how to drive. There were something like 300 accidents last night as the rain turned to ice and then to snow. We measured 8 inches in our yard. Parker found a drift 11 inches deep.

Around town and in neighboring counties we are hearing reports of up to a foot. Unfortunately, there's ice underneath! Of course everything is shut down. VCU took forever to admit that they would have to close. I get out of 3 classes today! Jeremy had to go to work though... the government offices are closed, but he has to go to work for the ice cream company....?
Our Honda made it through the snow okay. Jeremy insists that's because he "knows how to drive in the snow."


We don't even have a snow shovel. That's how little it snows here.

The snow is pretty dry near the top, though...so there won't be any snowman pics :( At least our power is still on... a lot of people are out right now.
It finally quit snowing, hours after they predicted. The blue sky is back and the snow is blinding!
After a nice hard freeze tonight (11 degrees) it will slowly warm up to the upper 60s by Friday, just in time for my Spring Break!
6 comments:
Fun! I love snow days. Parker got his wish I guess.
the snow looks so pretty! i'm just glad we don't have any right now. So you don't even have a snow shovel?? Are there any plows for the roads? That's so funny that it's been YEARS since VA's seen that! What a fun time for Parker!!
Ya, I was hearing all about it on the morning shows today. Looks like fun! We've had are fair share this winter, so now its your turn. We don't have a shovel either, I think before winter comes again we'll get one and a pair of snow boots (or at least rain boots). Hope you had a good day at home...
That looks so wierd to see your neighborhood covered in snow!! And you cars, wow!! Happy you finally got your winter in soon to be "spring" ! ha-ha
Isn't it great! It's all gonna be gone in a matter of days though. 70-degree weather is just around the corner.
I love the snow, the air feeling crisp is even enjoyable when there is snow on the ground. I guess spring is around the corner which is also a fun time in VA
Gramma and Mom
Post a Comment