Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I don't go shopping on Black Friday.
I get my Christmas on.


Parker and Jeremy are usually in charge
of assembling the big tree in the living
room, and I put up the sad, scrawny,
Charlie Brown tree in the family room. We try to cover it with as many
lights and loud ornaments as
possible to distract from the fact
that it's kind of a heinous tree.
I found a great gingerbread house
kit this year-the house was
already glued together with that
crazy strong cement-like icing, so we
didn't have to try to keep the walls
from collapsing in on each other
during the construction phase.

Not pictured: Parker eating the high-quality
gum drops off the roof line, 20 seconds later.
Jeremy recorded this year's Christmas
CD over the weekend.
Parker was gracious enough
to stop by the studio.




Parker had a particularly troublesome time
with the line from "Grandma Got Ran
Over by a Reindeer."
Publish Post

3 comments:

Whittier said...

Looks like fun! I love the trees and the gingerbread house. I wonder how many more years you're going to be able to get Parker to participate in the Christmas album. I know a lot of teenage boys would not think that was cool. Hopefully yours won't be one of them. We love to hear his singing!

Rachel said...

ha your charlie brown tree is the same as our "big, festive tree".... someday we'll get a big one. But this was our first tree together and it still does the trick for now... I'm so excited that Jeremy did ANOTHER x-mas cd! I love my collection of them! I really do!! I can't wait to hear how Parker ended up singing about how grandma getting ran over!! :)

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of decorating your house and of course Parker "trying" to sing the grandma song! Parker, you have two awesome grandmas so you must be singing about someone else's grandma! haha

LOVE YOU PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandma W.