Friday, December 24, 2010

Traditions, Part 3

This is a particularly awesome tradition, because it involves
both shiny things and delicious things: Christmas lights
at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and donuts.
Freezing our butts off in 30-degree weather...the only time you'll ever see me wearing a hat.
Oooh, sparklies!

Mysterious men....

Loves!
Train exhibit inside the Conservatory (where we got warm!)
This is where they make the donuts- Krispy Kreme in Richmond.

We watched, mesmerized, by the waterfall of icing.
Our selections: chocolate cake, chocolate cake with peppermint bark, frosted cinnamon bun, cinnamon apple-filled, and then a random one with sprinkles. They were delicious! Parker couldn't stop talking about them after they were gone. I guess that's what happens when your mom is mean and only buys donuts a couple times a year.

5 comments:

Whittier said...

That makes me laugh that you described each type of doughnut. Looks like lots of fun.

We are really enjoying your other tradition of the Christmas cd. It makes me feel a little less homesick for you (or maybe more).

Teresa said...

Oooh I love this Christmas Tradition. The lights and gardens look amazing. I love trains too. The doughnuts is a nice touch. I remember a pregnant craving once,late at night, that involved doughnuts. Aah the good times! We hope to join you in this tradition soon.

Tracy said...

I love the lights and I love the doughnuts! That is a GREAT tradition! Keep up the good work!

Love you (:

Tracy said...

P.S. Ditto on what Crystal said ~

thejohnmfamily said...

How fun! I love doughnuts.