Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2009 Addy Award

Today I found out that an ad from the campaign I did for Virginia Blood Services had won an Addy Award! (My full campaign is pictured here.) The Addys are a nationally-recognized advertising competition, and kind of a big deal. Click HERE for a link to the site.
I'm totally shocked. My partner entered the top ad in the alternative media/viral campaign category, and didn't tell me. Imagine my surprise when my professor announced in class that we had won!!
I can't seem to upload the .pdf of the image. So I'll just tell you about it. It's a checkbook with an actual check that we made featuring Virginia Blood Services. It was designed to raise awareness about the critically low blood supply in a way that would actually inspire the public to donate. The line on the check is "We could run out, too." (I personally wrote HUNDREDS of lines for this campaign, and the creative director ultimately approved that one for production. I'm not such a big fan, but it was more about the concept behind it.) We created the check and photographed the checkbook. Kinda unique...ever seen something like this in YOUR checkbook before?


Anyway we don't know yet how we placed in the competition (Gold, Silver, etc), we'll find out at the Addy's Award Gala at the end of February. But I get an actual award!! It's crazy and totally unexpected. The ones pictured are from previous competitions. (The last one looks like it's sitting on a chocolate cake!) It's a big fancy event with a gallery exhibition, dinner, a ceremony, and all that, and Jeremy is taking me. Thank you to everyone who sent me lots of love today-- it made my day to share this with all of you.

7 comments:

Aaron Hancock said...

Congradualtions on your award. Your's is at the top of the picture, so we am sure that is an indication of the gold. We love being related to famous people...

Love,

Mom and Dad (Hancock)

Tracy said...

We are so, so proud of your many acomplishments but this one is a visual award that you can enjoy on your mantle!! Not a bit surprised though!! Good job daughter, we love you :)

Love,

Mom and Dad (Williams)

Trisha said...

Awesome Job! Don't know if my email got to you or not, but that is soooo awesome! All this school is paying off, huh? Yeah!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you put the actual pictures on here! They are totally catchy! I'd give my blood right now!!!

Lisa B Nell said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You Rock!!!

Love ya!!

Alyssa said...

That is so cool! Congratulations!

Hotel Hancock Happenings said...

That is so cool! Congrats.