Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fun Fact of the Day

Parker informed me today that he'd been chosen to provide the day's "Fun Fact" at school.
This entails making an announcement over the school's intercom as part of the morning announcements.
Parker said that the WHOLE school hears the morning announcements, and that he was SO nervous. He said he could "barely get a word out."
Parker's script was as follows: "Hi. My name is Parker Hancock and I am in Ms. Evaro's class. Did you know that President Obama reads Harry Potter to his oldest daughter every night before bed?"
So that was Parker's 15 seconds of fame.

As a side note, this morning I was wiping off the dining room table and Parker looked up from his cereal and said, "Mom, you're very hygienic."
I just cracked up.
He even knew what it meant.
Did I mention he reads a lot?

3 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

That's such a fun comment about you cleaning the table! It always cracks me up how kids have such a funny way of looking at things.

Trisha said...

That's funny, though I'd be nervous too speaking to everyone even if they can't see me!

Rachel said...

hahahaha. Your boy is too smart! Tell him to stop it and just enjoy being a silly kid!! :)