Saturday, March 21, 2009

Home Improvement

A couple weeks ago I asked Jeremy to build some built-in bookcases, because the little cheap ones we had were totally full.
He spent two full Saturdays and every night for a week hammering, cutting, sneezing from sawdust, and basically making a huge mess.

30 hours, 7 trips to Lowe's, and a couple hundred dollars later, they were finished! Now we have approximately 50% more shelf space than we had before and the whole room looks bigger and brighter. Jeremy did SUCH a great job, even though he had to use a horrible old worn-out saw and found out that our walls are not exactly straight AFTER cutting tons of shelving and overcoming numerous carpentry obstacles. Thanks so much, babe!

10 comments:

Whittier said...

Impressive! Way to be such a handy-man Jeremy. They look great.

Rachel said...

Wow that looks great! Looks like they were build with the house because such a perfect fit! I love them!! Beautiful! Hey and what a cute little Hancock family plaque too..:)

Trisha said...

Awesome job! Totally love the space there and the fireplace, looks fantastic. Wish my husband would get away from the Wii and remodel something-like our bathrooms!!!! Dumb video games! Go Jeremy H.!

Adam said...

Sweet! I love cutting and hammering wood, so that project actually looks like a lot of fun. I'll bet that corner on the far right was a pain but you made it work really well. Parabens!

Alyssa said...

They look so good! It's always so fun to have something nice and new in the house, and even better when your sweetie puts so much work into it for you :)

Melissa said...

That looks so good! It looks so much better than the old book shelves. I'll make sure that I find a man that will do things like that!

Aaron Hancock said...

Now you need more books....

Great job - and that coming from the world's worst carpenter.

Mom's says: "Its gorgeous. It changes to look of the whole room. Excellent quality"

Dad and Mom

thejohnmfamily said...

Those are seriously fantastic! How convenient to have someone so handy around. We buy everything at our house, because John lacks those building skills, so I'm very jealous.

Rachel said...

I know about friends of friends checking blog. I do it too. But people from Canada and United Kingdom and Hawaii checking every week. Kinda weird. I understand one random check... but when it's over and over.....

Hotel Hancock Happenings said...

Awesome! It does look so much brighter. And everything's so neat. Kudos Jeremy.